If you encounter a bug and it is not on here, you are welcome to add it. If at all possible, include a screenshot demonstrating where the bug took place.
The information here has accumulated since beta and does not accurately represent the current state of the game. Please check the Patch Notes
|Forums:||Forum Link||Reddit:||Reddit Link|
|Recorded Bugs:||Bugs and Errors||Bug Report:||Bug Report|
Pokémon Uranium Bugs
Game Breaking Bugs
Triggering these bugs can cause players to get stuck, preventing progress. Many of these are avoidable, and the way to avoid it is marked in bold. If you encounter one of these bugs, do not save your game and reload an old save file instead.
- Interrupting the 5 trials event at the Snowbank Town Gym, by either losing a battle or leaving, causes the event to become broken, preventing the player from progressing. To avoid this, make sure to save before talking to Theo to start the event. You can still heal and change your party after the 5 trials, before facing the Gym Leader.
- In the Nuclear Plant Epsilon side quest, losing to the boss Trawpint at the end of the quest causes the player to become stuck on the dock on Route 7, unable to move. Make sure to capture or defeat Trawpint.
Some of the more obvious bugs, these are often very simple errors but cause the game to freeze and an error message to be displayed. The player will have to reload their last save. These bugs are usually avoidable.
- Locking your computer (with Windows + L) will make the game crash http://imgur.com/a/TRW8g
- Crashes when nicknaming a Pokémon hatched from an egg. Don't nickname Pokémon when they hatch -- you can change their names at the Name Rater in Nowtoch City.
- Sometimes when fishing, an error message will pop up once the Pokémon is caught, causing the game to crash.
- When starting a new game going down to the lake in Moki Town will cause the game to crash.
- If you have started a new game, after the Pokémon catching tutorial, if you try to enter the grass leading to Route 1, the game might crash.
- In various scenarios, saving and closing out the game in the midst of an event, or after getting spotted by an enemy trainer, can cause the game to crash upon loading up again. (hard to replicate, need more specific examples)
- After the cutscene in the hall of fame the game might crash and reset. To fix this bug, turn off performance mode. If this does not solve the problem, please contact the discord team.
Save File Related
- There is an issue with 4.0 being backwards compatible with save files from v3.1 and before. The game crashes on attempting to load the save file. To avoid this, rename your old save file (found in C:\User\My Saved Games\Pokemon Uranium\Uranium.rxdata) to anything else, or otherwise move or delete it.
Issues with the game's battle system.
- Aftermath triggers independently if the user faints or not
- The AI has difficulty with certain moves and will fail to attack. This has been known to happen with Gligar and Brailip.
- Light Screen causes the enemy trainer to stop attacking.
- Some issues with probability of moves and abilities (eg. OHKO moves like Sheer Cold and on-hit abilities like Flame Body.
- It is possible for people to call during the wild Pokémon encounter animation. This will delay the animation until the call ends.
- Nucleon fails to effectively use Last Resort: http://prnt.sc/cfuy6y
- Torment will lock the target in an endless loop if it uses a two-turn attack like Dig. If there is no way to damage the opponent, the game must be reset.
- Using a Poké Ball after using Fly in a double battle traps the user of Fly in the semi-invulnerable state.
- If a Pokémon holding a Macho Brace is used in battle, the battle will not end/continue after a Pokémon is defeated, forcing the player to reset or run away.
- Magic Guard does not protect wielder from thunderstorm damage.
- When you are battling Fisherman Brendon for the 1st rematch, you may not be able to use different moves.
- If you activate Mega-Evolution but use a Potion instead of attacking, your Pokémon does NOT mega evolve and mega evolution becomes unusable for the remainder of the battle. This only occurs if you use a Potion and attempt to mega evolve during the same turn.
- Bad Dreams' effect once activated will appear to be occurring due to the opponent's ability.
- Elementalist applies the STAB modifier to Fire- and Water-type moves regardless of the Pokémon with the ability.
- If a Pokémon mega evolves and gains a weather changing ability such as Drought it will not activate in areas with overworld weather effects already in place.
Includes: sprite errors, map mistakes (eg. walking on water), display bugs, etc. Screenshots are great here!
- If a swimming trainer approaches you while you're on land, you can select him/her after the battle. It will ask if you want to surf. If you answer yes, you surf on the land, and the trainer's text is displayed. It then becomes possible to surf on that land and even for wild Pokémon to attack you while you're surfing there. Example: http://prntscr.com/9go91l
- A Nuclear Magikarp might have the same sprite as a normal Magikarp.
- On the border between Routes 5 and 12, if you pause the game to look at a menu option that changes the screen and then go out of the pause menu, any part of your sprite that crosses the other side of the route border will not be displayed. http://prnt.sc/c6lwl9
- When entering Comet Cave, the cave may become dark. Screenshot of the front entrance of Comet Cave: http://i.imgur.com/GzJ4Hp6.png
- Berry bushes may randomly turn invisible. http://i.imgur.com/wi46jRm.png
- This nurse doesn't turn when speaking from below (on the ship). http://i.imgur.com/NXmklib.png
- The sailor clips through the wall when leaving the Vinoville Lake Ferry. http://i.imgur.com/jv2zI4o.png
- The player's head can go through Venesi City's bridges. http://imgur.com/a/flcM1
- In at least three places, Tsukinami Hotel ,Rochfale Town and Legen Town, all visible doors open and close together when exiting. (Seen in 1.1.0) (Legen Townscreenshot)
- Cali has no walking sprite when interacted from the side, so she will vanish for a split second.
- In the Route 11 mission, ranger Kellyn's sprite scrolls sideways and is mirrored on the right. But it's fixed when he deploys Empirilla.
- Moving down and immediately up on the lowest Pokédex entry will cause a simple graphical glitch displaying the icon for that Pokémon on the next on.
- In the post game, going to Nuclear Plant Zeta (Outside) and flying out to anywhere will cause the green "haze" to stay. Fixed when you enter a building and leave.
- Menu sprites for Pokémon do not display on renaming screens.
GTS, Wonder Trade & Virtual Trainer
Errors involving the game's online features.
- Game crashing error when interacting with GTS attendants without internet connection.
Game Client Issues
Errors with getting the game to run properly on people's computers.
- Clicking on the game program icon sometimes doesn't launch the game. (Not sure, but it might have to do with RMXP runtime packages.)
- Incoming PokéPod calls can interrupt certain actions, such as using a HM, encountering a wild Pokémon or entering a cave or building.
Bugs that don't fit into any other category.
- Resetting the game by pressing F12 may sometimes cause the game to not start back up again.
- Picnicker in Route 5 follows your sprite around after battle -- harmless, but spooky!
- In Cali's Water-type Gym in Bealbeach City, there is a room with a blonde-haired girl in the bottom right. If you move east as you enter the room, you can walk through the wall & over the water.
- Collecting more than 99 berries causes the amount of berries in your bag to roll over.
- Certain wild Pokémon on the map have different cries when they are interacted with (e.g., an Owten in Bealbeach City using Cubbug's cry).
- If you use Rock Smash on Route 1 and return later, the rock you smashed will reappear. However, it will still remember that you battled the trainers there. (True for all smashable rocks as of 1.2.4, appears to be WAI.)