Rain is one of the weather conditions. It can be summoned by the move Rain Dance or the ability Drizzle for five turns (8 if the user is holding a Damp Rock). In some places, such as the Baykal Forest or Amatree Town, rain is a permanent weather condition and cannot be altered.
- While rain is active, Water-type moves are boosted by 1.5x while Fire-type ones are weakened by 0.5x.
- Thunder and Hurricane will never miss.
- The move Solar Beam will only inflict half of the damage it would do under regular weather conditions or harsh sunlight.
- The moves Moonlight and Synthesis will only heal by 1/4 of the user´s maximum HP-
Abilities affected by Rain
- Pokémon with the ability Swift Swim will have their Speed doubled.
- Pokémon with Rain Dish will regain 1/16 of their maximum HP at the end of every turn.
- Pokémon with Hydration will heal themselves of a status condition at the end of every turn.
Pokémon with Drizzle
Pokémon that learn Rain Dance
By leveling up