| Rain Dance
|| 5 (max. 8)
| The user summons a heavy rain that falls for five turns, powering up Water-type moves.
- Does not make contact
- Not affected by Protect
- Not affected by Magic Coat
- Not affected by Snatch
- Not affected by King's Rock
| Affects all Pokémon on the field
Rain Dance is a Water-type Status move. It is TM18, found on Route 14.
Rain Dance summons Rain onto the field. This effect will last for 5 turns (8 if the user is holding a Damp Rock), including the turn it was used. This clears any other type of weather.
While Rain is in effect:
- the damage dealt by Water-type moves is increased by 50% while the damage dealt by Fire-type moves is decreased by 50%.
- the base power of Solar Beam is halved.
- Thunder and Hurricane bypass accuracy and evasion checks to always hit the target.
- Synthesis, Moonlight and Morning Sun only restore 1/4 of the user's total HP.
- Pokémon with the Rain Dish Ability recover 1/16 of their total HP at the end of each turn.
- Pokémon with the Swift Swim Ability have their Speed doubled.
- Pokémon with the Hydration Ability are cured of their existing non-volatile status condition at the end of each turn.
Pokémon that learn Rain Dance
By leveling up